The shots from the start to minute 0:17of the palm trees, the motor way and the aeroplane from a worms eye view, are creative and ascetically pleasing to the audience. It is a slow and smooth opening into a documentary, and it allows the to be ease into the documentary, rather than chucked straight into it, which could be overwhelming. Despite the fact that I've done an opposite thing in my documentary, that was only particularly for the "pre title scene". Once the actual documentary starts, the vibe of the documentary will become much smoother and less "in your face".Another feature of this documentary that I particularly like and I will definitely use is the voiceover of the person in subject. The documentary starts with her doing her morning routines, and there is a voiceover present on top of the visuals. I like this feature as it makes it clear that it is she is th one talking, but still doesn't distract the audience from what she is doing, and the voiceover also provides a description as to how she's feeling most mornings. On top of these voiceovers as well, there is slow placed non diegetic much used. This adds excitement to screen that may be boring without the music. The editing of footage also creates excitement, as it draws the audience's attention to the what is happening, and makes the scene in general much more engaging.
One feature I will certain use is the scene transitions where a black screen appears and the text saying "Act (what ever number act it is)" appears. This is a good idea as it helps split the scene in a simple but affective way and helps denote to the audience that a new scene is about to occur. Without this, it would cause confusion to the audience and would make it hard to follow exactly what going on. But by adding this feature, it provides structure to the documentary and helps it flow smoothly, just like how I want mine to run.
The captions/aston used every time a new person is introduced is another feature that I will use. I feel this is important to the documentary as it really helps establish everybody's role in the band/group. by adding everyone name, nickname and role in th group, it gives everyone equal importance, and does not undermine anyone who is presented. I want to do something similar as I feel everyone in the band has an important role in their won way, whether it be a singer, producer or a more business role.The final feature I admire and will use is the use of archive footage from their shows. This is arguable the main/most exciting part of the documentary. In some ways, it feels like all the scenes prior to this final scene act as the build up or preparation. This creates a good storyline as it shows the hard work behind all successful events and that a lot of preparations needed. Furthermore, the live shows emphasise their success and determination.

No comments:
Post a Comment