Wednesday, 5 October 2016

1st Day of Filming Plan

1st Day of Filming Plan

I am preparing to start filming the fundamentals of my documentary. The footage I am planning to film is not necessarily in chronological order, however as of now, that does not matter as eventually it was all collate together to make a clear narrative. I have a brief idea of the shots I am going to film today, however I have not strictly planned them as I want the overall first day of shooting to be spontaneous and dynamic. 

The first shot I want to shoot today is on the train. Ideally, I want to shoot a shot outside of the window on the train as it moves. I want to film this as it indicate immediately to the audience that we are travelling somewhere specifically, and I will include the audio of the announcer on the train stating where we are. Locations will be vital as it'll help the audience understand where we are and will allow them to relate to the places if they have been there before. In the future, I will film locations such as Victoria station as it is recognised by more people but for today I will only film the locations that we are going to, which should be West Croydon. 

One shot I certainly will try to film today is the interviews of the various members of the band. I am aware that only 3 of them will be here today however it’ll come as an advantage as it will feel more intimate and personal. Only having 3 of them inside the studio will allow me to spend more time with each member and gain a stronger insight on the private lives of these artist. Another advantage of having the members that will be here today is that Jocelyn Francis, Dee Baffour and Omar will be there. Dee and Joeclin are the two main rappers in this group, and Omar is the main producer, therefore it’ll provide accurate details as to what their motivations and influences, as they are the ones that formed the band. 

I am going to their own personal studio today that they bought, built and developed all by themselves with their own money. I have decided to go here first because this is where they make majority of their music these days and is where they spend most of their time in relation to music. Today, they aren't doing an intense music session, however they are just editing past music and building ideas on how their new song will sound. I want to film today in particular as it’ll provide a good representation of processes needed in developing music and songs. I also decided to come to their personal studio as I want to know how they developed the studio, why they did it and how much money and time they have committed to it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment