Sunday, 30 October 2016

General Progress Update

Overall, I feel that I am a little behind on my whole production process. At the moment I have enough footage to create two or three scenes that would not follow a specific narrative, but would make enough sense as a scene on tis own. However at the moment, I am struggling to editing everything simply because of the fact that I have developed a storyline to follow yet, therefore I don't know what to put where and how I want to edit things. In the next week, I will have an actually storyboard drawn and written up so that I know exactly what scenes i want where and will have a stronger understanding of exactly what I'm doing.

Despite this, I have successfully edited the first scene, meaning that I can proceed to editing the second one and transitioning them together. I haven't got got the footage for the next seen but I plan on going out and filming it this upcoming weekend. The sound on the first scene is of good quality, the visual editing such as the aston works well, and the sound editing of fading in and out is very very good.

All of the scene for the first day scene is successfully filmed as well, and is ready edited and collated together. All that is need to be done is record some sound of myself asking questions as my voice was drowned out but the other noise in the room, meaning it is not clear exactly y what Im asking. Recordings for the rest of documentary is needed to be done too as I will be narrating the whole documentary as it goes on. I have plenty of time to start editing this scene, however I must start soon before other jobs arise and I end up dropping this down the priority list.

I recently decided that I will not go ahead with interviewing the individuals at Relentless as I realised it will make my 5 minute extract go over the 5 minute restriction by a significant amount. This is both good and bad as it means I can focus on editing the footage I have right now and not worry too much about getting kore. However it will force me now to editing the footage I have now to a higher standard as I will have a lower amount valuable videos. On the other hand, it could be considered that it is more about quality than quantity.

Another task that need to be carried out is finding other non diegetic music that is slow paced and quiet so that it won't drown out my voiceovers. Preferably, if the music can be made by Indigo Palace then that would be great, however if I am unable to find music from Indigo Palace then it won't be a major issue. I need this non diegetic music to help the narration not sound so isolated and dull. Providing music in the background will help what I'm saying sound much more engaging and interesting, rather than just a dull, monotone voice being played.

As said before, a story board needs to be done so that I can truly understand what needs to be done in order to make the documentary top quality. Despite feeling a little bit behind on everything, I do think that I will be able to get on top of it within a week. Once I am able to get on top of it, then I will feel more comfortable and will proceed with much more confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment