Sunday, 30 October 2016

Filming Progress Update

Generally, I'd say that I am up to date with all the footage that needs to be shot. Overall I'd say that I am roughly half through filming all the vital scene that need to be filmed, and I have the main videos that will form the structure of the documentary.

I'd consider the opening scene of my documentary to be completely finished. THIs is because I am using archive footage from an event that I had filmed prior to even developing my documentary. That is essentially the main point of archive footage, to use footage that is stocked and can be used from the past. Therefore, because it has already been filmed months ago, that is one scene I have completely finished filming.

Another scene I'd consider finished is the first day of me as film/producer following the band. Although each video is only 2-5 minutes long, I am yet to edit them all together and I believe that once they are collated together,  the whole scene will come up to around 10/15 minutes, making up the whole of the first scene. This scene consists of an interview with Jocelin Francis, the producer for Indigo Place, and a brief description from both Dee and Jocelin as to who they are and what they do.  Since it'll only be a 5 minute extract of the documentary, this will probably be the only scene where I will need to conduct an interview in a similar manner as that one.

Another piece of stock footage that I have is the different shots from their event that was hosted in September. This consisted of various performance shot from not only Indigo Palace but other British performers. These shots are good for my documentary because it provides evidence that they are making ground in their careers and engages the audience in live activities.

However there are still a couple of scenes that still need filming. I still need to film iconic landmarks such as Tower Bridge, the London Eye and Big Ben. These need to be filmed to help the audience understand that this documentary is about British artist, and the audience seeing these landmarks will immediately indicate that this documentary is set in London. Additionally,I still need to take a trip to Relentless Studios to film my time lapse of Denmark Street, as well as take suitable footage of the outside+ inside of the Relentless Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment