On the third day of filming, I plan to take a visit to where the band members work at Relentless Studios on Denmark Street. I want to make this visit for two different reasons, one being that this street is an iconic street in the music industry, and is well known for hosting many big named musicians. Figureheads such as David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC and many more have created music on that very street, therefore using an iconic music location will immediately portray the representation I have been trying to create. Additionally, I have picked this location as it will give me a deeper insight into their lives. Furthermore, it will help me to understand more about the place that essentially encouraged and inspired the group make music.
Relentless Studios is located on Denmark Street near the train station Tottenham Court Road. I hope to film a time lapse of Denmark Street for the introduction of my documentary. I want to do this as it'll help to set the scene and allow the audience to understand exactly where they are. This will help me expand on the portfolio of shots I will use in my documentary, making it much more interesting as well as engaging. I will do this by one of two ways. One way is that I will simply just film a minute or two worth of video of streets near the areas, and then speed up the footage when it comes to the editing process. Or I may explore the features of my camera and see if there is a time lapse feature on it. Based on my previous filming day experience, the overall feel of my filming did feel a little unorganised. Although I simply didn't plan the day for purposes of making the footage feel spontaneous, it did end up feeling as though I had not really got any valuable footage filmed. The time round, I will develop a clearer idea of what exactly I want to film, so that when it comes to it I can get the most important shots done, and then any other footage is extra. However, I must be aware of the fact that the band will be working most of the day, so I must understand that they may be busy at certain time, therefore they may not be able to participate in all the scene that are required.
No comments:
Post a Comment