There will be many different t types of representations in my documentary. During the documentary, Indigo Palace will be the main subject throughout my documentary, and I will aim to represent them in a positive way through a variety of techniques.
One way I will want to represent the band is hard working. I want the audience to develop a liking for them and see how hard the band work to make as much music as possible. It is often stereotyped that people in the music industry are lazy and that their managers do all their work for them, therefore i want to challenge the common stereotype and prove to the audience that some artist in the modern day music business still work hard. I will try and show this by showing the bad rehearsing regularly, as well as being in the studio making new music as often as possible. Occasionally \I will use close up/extreme close up shots of various band members to show concentration and emphasis the emotions the various artists.
Another representation I wan to make in the documentary is a that music is a positive hobby. I want the audience by the end of the film to understand the filings Indigo Palace ahem about music and my aim is to help the audience develop the same opinion on music as well. As the director of the documentary, i also feel strongly about music and I feel that it is one thing that can accompany any situation, whether the situation is good or bad. I will try and demonstrate this idea by showing the characters in the audience feeling the energy of music and whenever music is playing, I will show all the characters in a positive mood as a result of the music.
The genre of music that Indigo Palace make is grime/hip hop. This genre of music is often frowned upon in society as it is associated with crime and gangs in both England and worldwide. However I don't want the audience to feel as if this collective of artist is part of a bad culture or society. I want to represent the genre of music as one that is just the same was any other, and I want to eliminate the idea that this type of music is "yobby" or "gangster". I will try and do this by showing the artist who make grime music as nice, humble, polite people who are nice and approachable and aren't people who roam around on the street.
The last representation I wasn't to develop is the image that Indigo Palace are creative in other aspects rather than just music. The overall vibe of my documentary will be one to encourage viewers to be creative and do things that are innovative and original. I will show this idea through scenes of the band drawing, creating posters, dabbling in photography and many of creative activities which widens their portfolio talents. My target audience is those who are interested in art, therefore I want to inspire talented individuals to embrace their gifts and develop them further.
No comments:
Post a Comment