Thursday, 22 September 2016

Mise-en-scene in my documentary

I will use a variety of mise-en-scene features to help establish various representations and make the genre clear in my documentary. As said in previous post, I want to make the band look as creative group of individuals and I want the genre of music they make to not be portrayed as "criminal" or "aggressive". I will use different props and colours, as well costumes and lighting to portray all these representation I aim to create.

During the editing process of my documentary,I will saturated my footage just a little bit to enhance the colours being showing the visual content. By saturating  the footage, it will make footage look more colourful and bright, and naturally this connotes to the audience that they are bright promising individuals. Seeing brighter colours is easier on the eye to the audience,and seeing these colours will  give the audience the impression that the artists are nice and friendly, despite the type of music they make which is commonly associated with crime. 

The main theme of the documentary is music and creativity, therefore my primary aim is to also represent the music industry in positive manner. My target audience is those who enjoy music and want to become some sort of artist in the future. Of course there will be a lot of music equipment such as microphones, mixing desks, DJ decks, editing softwares and many more, and these will be present to attract other musicians who enjoy finding out about new equipment they can use for themselves. I will also include other equipment that using associated with music, such as high tech cameras, Apple MacBooks,and art canvas, as this will attract other creative individuals because of the fact that they can see equipment that they use in their own field of work. 

If I can gain access to specific light, I will try and use it to my advantage to represent Indigo Palace in a certain way. Although it is uncertain at the moment whether rI will be able to, I will try and use spot lighting and place them in it. This will give the audience the impression that they are the main focus of the documentary so that they pay attention to what they're doing. Furthermore, shining the light on the will represent them as a the "light" in a genre of music that is frowned upon in society. 


Many of the scenes in the documentary will contain archive footage of concerns and shows. I have decided to include these scenes as it'll help create a party atmosphere, and during these scenes i will include the reactions from the crown enjoying the show. This will help develop my idea further that the music industry is a positive environment. Seeing people enjoying themselves listening to music will affect the audience as they'll gain a sense of happiness in their mind, and will develop the idea that you can enjoy yourself more and feel relaxed if you're in the presents of music. Additionally, showing these scenes will help get rid of the idea that the music industry is fixed and that artist don't enjoy music as music as they used to, and it will prove that artist still work hard to do what they love most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment