Friday, 23 September 2016

Initial Equipment List

One primary piece of equipment that I'll need for documentary is a Sony DSLR camera. This will be use instead of any regular camera as it'll produce better quality of picture. I want my footage to be clearer as it'll give the impression to the audience that this is a professionally made documentary and that the budget for it was higher. Furthermore, having a clearer picture for my documentary will be more aesthetically  pleasing for the audience and as a result, they will want to continue watching as it is easy to watch.



Another piece of equipment I will need for my documentary is a tripod. I will need this as it'll help my shots appear more steady. Having still shots will help give my documentary look more professional and clear.  Around half my camera footage will be filmed on the tripod, however at times I will not use the tripod so that it looks shaky. By doing this, it will give the documentary a personal and intimate feel, and will allow the audience to feel as if they are actually apart of the documentary.



Another part of my equipment list will be lighting equipment. As said in another post about mise-en-scene, I said that I'd use lighting to shine on the band members to represent them in a positive manner, and as if they are the "light" in a stereotypically bad genre. Hence, having spotlights will allow me to produce light in certain areas more than others. This may be one of the pieces of equipment I may struggle to access, however I am hoping that where I am shooting majority of my documentary, there will be some lighting available.



Once I have finished shooting all my footage for my documentary, I will need a Macbook/ Mac Desktop with Final Cut Express and Pixelmator to help me edit my footage together. I will need Final Cut Express to help me combine my footage so that I can create a narrative. Additionally to editing on a mac/MacBook, I will also use the computers to access the non diegetic music I will use on my documentary. Final Cut Express is the best platform I am aware of that can easily edit music on top of my footage.


As of now, these are only initial ideas of what I will need for my equipment list, however further on in the production stage, I may discover that I need more equipment. If that does end up being true, I will be sure to add to this current list and explain how I used them.





No comments:

Post a Comment