Tuesday, 27 December 2016

Ancillary Task: Documentary Advert: 3rd Draft



1.) The first change I made to my previous draft is the underlining of the quote for the advert. I did this because I felt that the quote looked like th title itself The actually is A Week With Indigo Palace, therefore I didn't want the audience to think that it was Here's To Denmark Street. Getting rid of the underline will make it more clear that it is just a side remark rather than the main heading. 

2.) The second change I made to my advert is making the actual title bigger and underlined. I was made aware that in the previous advert, it was quite clear what the title was, therefore I made it extra clear what the name of the documentary was. By making it bigger than any other text on the screen and underlines, it makes it much more obvious that the title is A Week With Indigo Palace. 

3.) Another small but important change made was the date and time given for when he documentary. Previously the time and date did not match with the magazine article I had made, therefore although ti was a subtle difference, it would have made a difference. Now that both the time and date match, it makes it much more realistic and conventional of marketing campaigns. 

4.) In my draft before, my advert said "Britain's uprising music groups". I changed this to upcoming groups as i feel it made more sense rather than uprising. Uprising connoted a more serious issue, however I wanted to present their growth in a more positive manner, hence why I changed it to upcoming. Overall, upcoming makes much more sense than uprising and fits better within the documentary.

5.) The final change I made to my advert is the 'also available on BBC iPlayer" feature. Previous the "available on" was in much bigger font and was underline, however now i've got rid of them both and made it a lot less prominent. Before, that part of the documentary drew too much attention, and I wanted the audience to understand that it can be caught on catch up, rather than just exclusive to BBC iPlayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment