Tuesday, 23 August 2016

The decision between music video or documentary.

After conducting research into both music videos and documentaries, I have come to the decision to produce my own documentary instead of a music video.

Although it went well, after producing a music video for my preliminary filming task, I discovered that maybe making a music video is not the best task for me as I found it tricky to recreate similar scenes to the real video. Furthermore, I don't feel that I'd be able to develop creative and artistic ideas to relate to musical lyrics without presenting it a cliche manner.

On the other hand, I feel I'd be better off making a documentary as I have clear idea of what my documentary will be about and I vaguely know how I want the final product to look like. Not only do I have a good idea but I also have the correct resources and people for it. Although this is only coursework, I feel that the idea could be developed and created into a real life televised documentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment